Last updated: July 2018
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies to contact persons from the media (e.g. journalists, editors), political and administrative bodies (e.g. public officials), and civil society (e.g. foundations, associations). It describes the Personal Data that the Pfizer companies named in the Contact Us section below (hereinafter, “Pfizer”, “us” or “we”) collect about you when we interact with you; how we use that data; how we protect it; and the choices you may make with respect to your Personal Data.
If you are interacting with us online, please also see the Privacy Notice posted on the website or application that you are using. If you are interacting with us as a healthcare professional, please also see the Privacy Notice posted for HCPs at https://privacycenter.pfizer.com/de/hcp
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We will collect Personal Data when we meet with you, when you participate in our programs, activities, industry events, trade shows, or in connection with your inquiries and communications with us. We also collect Personal Data from data companies providing information services in the healthcare sector, publicly accessible sources of professional information, and joint marketing partners.
Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact information (postal address, telephone numbers, email address, fax number, social media contact details)
- Your preferred language
- Professional photograph
- Your interests (e.g. the focus of your professional activity and orientation on general or professional audiences)
- Professional biography, affiliations, publications, credentials, and other professional achievements
- Financial and banking data that you provide to us to pay you for services and provide reimbursement for professional fees, travel, accommodation and out of pocket expenses
When you are asked to provide Personal Data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary for us to provide requested services or perform our contractual obligations we may not be able to provide you those services or perform those contractual obligations.
If you provide or permit us to collect any Personal Data relating to another person, including adverse event data, you are telling us that you have the authority to share that data and to permit us to use the data as described in this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data in order to:
1. Interact and engage with you when we have a contractual relationship or a legitimate interest.
Interacting and engaging with you includes:
- Responding to your inquiries and your requests.
- Enforcing the contractual terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you (e.g., events, publications, advisory meetings, etc.) and, where applicable, paying you for defined or agreed upon services or reimbursing your expenses, planning calls, meetings, trips and other related interactions with you, sending administrative information to you, and documenting our interactions with you.
- Creating and maintaining Pfizer’s database to identify and, if applicable, engaging with you (by digital or other means) based on your expertise, function, professional knowledge and professional opinions, and where applicable, your past interactions with us, such as inviting you to events or reaching out to you.
2. Operate our business to comply with our legal obligations, for statistical purposes or to meet our legitimate interests in maintaining our business.
Operating our business includes:
- Complying with our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations, including those related to adverse events, product complaints and product safety.
- Conducting background checks to ensure we are not precluded from working with you.
- Detecting, preventing, or investigating misconduct.
- Complying with anti-corruption and transparency obligations.
- Protecting our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
3. Provide and offer to you informational materials (including press releases) on scientific/health matters (by digital means or otherwise) and about Pfizer when we have your consent or a legitimate interest to do so.
4. Invite you to events and press conferences hosted, supported or carried out in cooperation with Pfizer.
How We Disclose Personal Data
We disclose Personal Data as follows:
- To other Pfizer companies (visit https://selfservehosteu.pfizer.com/legal-entities for a list of our companies) for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- To our (third party) service providers, to provide services such as data analysis, data technology and related infrastructure provision, auditing and other services.
- To comply with a regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, government request, or legal process served on us.
- To protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public, Pfizer and our affiliates.
- To prepare, complete and implement any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, object or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us, withdraw a consent or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, you may contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it deleted from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as possible.
Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Cross Border Transfers
The data we collect through the Site may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including in the U.S. and where our affiliates operate.
Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as by ensuring that the recipient is bound by EU Standard Contractual Clauses, to protect your Personal Data. You can obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section or by clicking on the link https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
If you are providing us with Personal Data of individuals under the age of sixteen (16), you represent that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority to Pfizer upon request.
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Site (https://www.pfizer.de/privacypolicy). This Privacy Notice was last updated as of the “Last Updated” date shown above.
The company responsible for collecting, using and disclosing your personal data in the context of this Privacy Notice is
- Pfizer Deutschland GmbH or
- Pfizer Pharma GmbH or
- Pfizer Pharma PFE GmbH or
- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare GmbH
All: Linkstraße 10, 10785 Berlin
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any rights, please contact us at presse[at]pfizer.com or write to the following address:
Rechtsabteilung (Legal Department)
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer responsible for your country or region. For his or her contact details, visit DPO.Pfizer.com.
Lodging a Complaint with a Regulator
You may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or place of alleged infringement. Please visit http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080 to obtain the contact information for such authorities.